Three O’Clock Hour

I’ve had a strange cancer day that demonstrates how cancer can drastically change my life in a short time. During this last surgery, which was my second lung surgery in three weeks, the surgeon removed a cancerous tumor from my lung and then saw some spots on my ribs. She decided to biopsy and remove the spots for further testing. I got the results back today and the spots are not cancerous. During the 24 hours I was waiting for results, I was worried the cancer had spread to my bones. When I get CT scans, I understand the results may include new spots. Going into surgery, I was not expecting to hear I had additional spots. I was planning on hearing. We got it all.

I’m feeling blessed that the cancer hasn’t spread to my bones. As I type this, I’m amazed at how drastically my life could have changed after the conversation I had with my doctor just hours ago. My doctor called me at 3:00 p.m. to tell me the results. I knew it was a positive sign that she called by phone instead of coming to my room to tell me in person. When she told me the biopsy results were negative, I felt like I was on cloud nine. I feel like I have my life back.

Once again, cancer has shown me the value of each second of every minute of every hour of every day I have on this beautiful world.

Advertisements

6 Responses to Three O’Clock Hour

1. Ronna says:

Wonderful news, Kevin! You all are in our thoughts and prayers.

2. Julia Strain says:

OMG, Kevin. What a reminder to all of us how precious each minute is. Thank you for sharing something that we should all think about every day….but we forget. Praise God that the cancer is not in your bones and the spots are not cancerous. What an inspiration you are…You have no idea how much you have touched my life and you have reminded me of what is really important. I learned this lesson well through two bouts of NHL but I need reminders. Stay positive and hopeful…..you are amazing!!!! Julia Strain (Gerrit’s aunt)

3. Susan zimmer says:

Awesome news, Kevin! So glad for you, Janie, and the girls.

4. Mary Benson says:

You are in inspiration! Continuing to pray for total healing for you. Thank you for sharing your journey. You remind us all of what is really important in life. “The best things in life are NOT things!” Love to you and the beautiful girls in your life.

5. James Driscoll says:

Great news Weino and great reminder for all of us to keep things in perspective during our busy lives!

Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend and keep the good news coming!

6. Steve McClure says:

Have you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. Sending you positive vibes as well. Big hugs too